Father Christmas Needs a Wee is our Christmas based 'mini' topic. It is based around the book with the same title. The children learn about some of the countries that Father Christmas visits on his way around the world.
- We start off by learning about the Christmas Story- we read it and sequence and retell it. We also learn about what Advent means.
- We then talk about what happens in France and how Pere Noel fills slippers with treats for children. We make and design our own slippers!
- We learn about how children in Alaska run through the streets trying to catch stars on poles and we make our own salt dough star decorations
- We write letters to the Christmas Angel like children in Germany do.
- We also make and write our own Christmas cards!