Top Tips for Online Safety for Children
1. Treat your password like your toothbrush – keep it to yourself!
2. Only give your mobile number or personal website address to trusted friends.
3. Block the bully – learn to block or report someone who is behaving badly.
4. Save the evidence – learn how to keep records of offending text messages, pictures or online conversations.
5. Don’t retaliate or reply.
6. Check your profile and make sure it doesn’t include any personal information.
7. Always respect others – be careful what you say online and what images you send.
8. Think before you send – whatever you send can be made public very quickly and could stay online forever.
9. Look out for your friends – and do something if you think they are at risk.
10. Tell your parent, carer or a teacher if something or someone makes you feel uncomfortable or worried.