This half term our topic is 'London's Burning'.
In history, children will be learning about the Great Fire of London (this is always a popular topic with Y1 children). They will be learning:
- What London houses and streets were like in 1666
- Understand phases such as 'then and now', 'the olden days' and 'a long time ago'
- To know why it is referred to as the Great Fire of London
- To know when, where and why the Great Fire started
- To know the methods used to put the fire out
- To understand reasons why the fire spread quickly
- To know Samuel Pepys wrote and diary which helped us know about the fire
- To know how London was re built to stop anything like the fire happening again
- To sequence the events of the Great Fire
- To know there was a Great Fire of Wetherby which started in 1723
In art, we will use drawing, painting and sculpturing to develop and share ideas, experiences and imagination. We will also develop a wide range of art and design techniques in using colour, pattern, texture, line, shape, form and space.