In Autumn 1, or first topic will be on Mental Health: Emotional Health and Well-being: healthy minds.
Pupils will learn:
- That mental health is about emotions, moods and feelings - how we think, feel and behave.
- Recognise that everyone has a state of mental health that changes frequently; that any one state is not necessarily permanent.
- know that there is help, advice and support available about mental health.
- Recognise what can affect a person’s mental health.
- Know some ways of dealing with stress and how people can get help and support.
- Understand that anyone can be affected by mental ill health.
- Know some everyday ways of looking after mental health.
- Can explain why looking after mental health is as important as looking after physical health and understand that some things that support mental health will also support physical health
Mindmate: Being the same and being different.
Children can recognise how images and campaigns in the media and social media do not always reflect reality and can affect how people feel about themselves e.g. body image.
Children can share their opinions on things that matter to them and explain their views through discussions with one other person and the whole class.