During spring 2 we will be studying 'Salvation' and our key question will be 'Why does Easter matter to Christians?'.
By the end of the unit, pupils will be able to:
- Recognise that Incarnation and Salvation are part of a ‘big story’ of the Bible.
- Tell stories of Holy Week and Easter from the Bible and recognise a link with the idea of Salvation (Jesus rescuing people).
- Recognise that Jesus gives instructions about how to behave.
- Give at least three examples of how Christians show their beliefs about Jesus’ death and resurrection in church worship at Easter.
- Think, talk and ask questions about whether the story of Easter has anything to say to them about sadness, hope or heaven, exploring different ideas.
By the end of the unit, pupils will be know that:
- Easter is very important in the ‘big story’ of the Bible.
- Christians believe Jesus rose again, giving people hope of a new life.