To describe the simple functions of the basic parts of the digestive system in humans in the context of identifying the parts of the digestive system.
• I can identify and name parts of the human digestive system.
To describe the simple functions of the basic parts of the digestive system in humans by explaining the functions of the different parts of the digestive system.
• I can explain the functions of the digestive system. To use straightforward scientific evidence to answer questions by reading an explanation text and answering questions.
• I can use scientific evidence to answer questions.
To identify the different types of teeth in humans and their simple functions by learning about different types of teeth.
• I can identify the types and functions of teeth. To identify differences, similarities or changes related to simple scientific ideas and processes by comparing human and animal teeth.
• I can identify similarities and differences related to scientific ideas.
To ask relevant questions and use different types of scientific enquiries to answer them by distinguishing between scientific and non-scientific questions and choosing between types of scientific enquiry.
• I can ask scientific questions and choose a scientific enquiry to answer them. To set up simple practical enquiries, comparative and fair tests by setting up an enquiry or test to understand what causes tooth decay.
• I can create an enquiry or test.
To make systematic and careful observations by observing the changes that occur in their enquiry or test. To use results to draw simple conclusions, make predictions for new values, suggest improvements and raise further questions By presenting findings, making predictions and raising questions about results.
• I can make careful observations, appropriately record my results and use them to develop further investigations.
To construct and interpret a variety of food chains, identifying producers, predators and prey by understanding food chains and the role of different plants and animals within them.
• I can construct and interpret food chains.