Autumn Term - Transport
Changes within living memory /local history
- To know that there used to be a railway station in Collingham called Collingham Bridge Station.
- The railway arrived in the 1870s, bringing connections to York, Harrogate and Leeds and the main lines beyond.
- To name different types of transport.
- To know that the way people travel has changed through time – more car travel.
- To know that transport was different when their parents, grandparents and great grandparents were little.
- To know how trains have changed over the last 100 years (steam, diesel, electric).
- To know how cars have changed in the last 100 years.
Bonfire Night and Remembrance Sunday as mini topics.
Spring Term - Lives of significant individuals
- To know that McIntosh, Dunlop and McAdam were all British inventors.
- To know about key events in their early lives and careers.
- To know the names of the processes/inventions that they invented.
- To know how their inventions have impacted on life today.
This term will be a Geography focus.