Schools receive PE and sport premium funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6. This funding must be used to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport we offer.
We use the premium to:
· Develop or add to the PE and sport activities that we already offer;
· Build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
There are 5 key indicators that we should expect to see improvement across: the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school;
· The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement;
· Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport;
· Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils;
· Increased participation in competitive sport.
As part of the funding criteria we are required to publish details (on our website) of how we plan to spend the monies and a review of the impact on pupil outcomes.
Our Vision for PE and Sport
At Collingham LEH, physical activity and sport are essential to our educational ethos. We believe that active and healthy children are more likely to be well-motivated, happy children. We aim to deliver a balanced program offering a variety of activities to enhance skills in physical education. Our PE and sport aspires to build self-confidence, resilience, teamwork and leadership skills enabling every child to be the best they can be.
We aim to:
· Develop self-esteem, skills and knowledge
· Pursue excellence and enjoyment
· Be proud of our own achievements and others
· Promote fair play and respect
· Educate children to improve health and wellbeing
· Provide quality opportunities for children within and outside of school time
Our Key Areas to Develop
For 2020/21, we have chosen to use our Sports Premium funding in five key areas:
1. To engage all pupils in regular physical activity – Chief Medical Officer Guidelines recommend that primary school children undertake at least 30 minutes of physical activity a day in school
2. The profile of PESSPA being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3. To increase confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and Sport 3
4. To offer a broader experience of a range of sports and activities to all pupils
5. To increase participation in competitive sport
Our PE and Sports Premium Budget
Sports Premium Budget for 2020-21: £19,628.61
How has this been calculated?
Taken from the Department for Education Website:
“Funding for 2020-21 Schools with 16 or fewer eligible pupils receive £1,000 per pupil. Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil.”
At the time of the January 2020 census, upon which the 2020/21 funding is based, Collingham LEH had 177 children on roll in Years 1 to 6.
£16,000 + (177 x 10) = £17,770 + £1,858.61 (Funding carried forward from 2019/20)