Our topic for Autumn 2 will be 'Keeping Safe and Managing Risk'
The learning intentions and outcomes for the unit are:
- Pupils recognise the difference between ‘real’ and ‘imaginary’ dangers
- Pupils understand that there are situations when secrets should not be kept
- Pupils know to tell a trusted adult if they feel unsafe.
- Pupils recognise the difference between good and bad touches
- Pupils understand there are parts of the body which are private
- Pupils can identify situations where they might need help
- Pupils can identify people in the community who can help to keep them safe
- Pupils know how to ask for help if they need it
We will have a continuing focus on British Values:
- the rule of law
- individual liberty
- mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith
These values are embedded throughout the curriculum in Year 1 and we focus on different values in each topic.
If you have any questions or concerns around this subject please do not hesitate to contact a member of the Year 1 team.