Our topic for Autumn 2 will be Keeping Safe and Managing Risk. Our particular focus will be 'Feeling Safe'.
Lesson 1: Pupils learn about safety in familiar situations
- recognise the difference between ‘real’ and ‘imaginary’ dangers
- understand that there are situations when secrets should not be kept
- know to tell a trusted adult if they feel unsafe
Lesson 2: Pupils learn about personal safety
- recognise the difference between good and bad touches
- understand there are parts of the body which are private
- know who they can go to, what to say or do if they feel unsafe or worried
Lesson 3: Pupils learn about people who help keep them safe outside the home
- can identify situations where they might need help
- can identify people in the community who can help to keep them safe
- know how to ask for help if they need it
We will have a continuing focus on British Values:
- the rule of law
- individual liberty
- mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith
These values are embedded throughout the curriculum in Year 1 and we focus on different values in each topic.
If you have any questions or concerns around this subject please do not hesitate to contact a member of the Year 1 team.