Our topic for Summer 2 will be Careers, Financial Capability and Economic Wellbeing. Our particular focus will be 'My Money'.
Lesson 1: Pupils learn about where money comes from and making choices when spending money
- understand that people get money in different ways (earn, win, find, presents, pocket money, borrow, benefits)
- recognise that people make choices about what to buy
- understand that they may not always be able to have all the things they want
Lesson 2: Pupils learn about saving money and how to keep it safe
- understand why people might want to save their money
- can say how it feels to save for something you really want
- recognise where money is stored to keep it safe and some places are safer than others
Lesson 3: Pupils learn about the different jobs people do
- know that there are a range of jobs that people can do
- recognise that both men and women are able to do a range of jobs
- understand that having a job means people can earn money
We will have a continuing focus on British Values:
- the rule of law
- individual liberty
- mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith
These values are embedded throughout the curriculum in Year 1 and we focus on different values in each topic.
If you have any questions or concerns around this subject please do not hesitate to contact a member of the Year 1 team.